Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher Training
"Experience, Kindness, Compassion, & Authenticity"
We offer 200 and 300 hour teacher trainings for Yoga Alliance Registration at our home base in
beautiful Hot Springs, Arkansas and at host studios around Arkansas and the South.
Upcoming Trainings:2017/2018 click here: 200 and 300
- 200 Hour Teacher Training Hot Springs ( Sept. 2016/2017)
- 200 Hour Teacher Training in North Little Rock (Sept.2016/2017) scroll down this page)
- 300 Hour Teacher Training 2015/2016 (Current session) *Member school International Association of Yoga Therapist.
200 Hr. Registered Yoga Teacher Training since 2008
Balance Yoga and Wellness R.Y.S. 200
Mailing Address only:
120 Wildwood Circle
Hot Springs, AR 71901
How do I know if this school is right for me? Click link to find out. Please read before you register for school.
HOST STUDIO: BLUE YOGA NYLA
Classes are one weekend a month on Saturdays and Sundays from Sept to April.
Classes are held in North Little Rock Arkansas at Blue Yoga NYLA.
There is also a school in Hot Springs please click here.
What our schedule looks like:
An average weekend looks like this:
Saturdays: Take a 9:00 class (Arrive early to help set up as part of learning about the preparation of a class) then observe a 10:30 class (you choose one to observe and one to participate). Meet with your class at 12 p.m. for vegetarian potluck lunch or bring your lunch and start the classroom time of the day. Expect to be out of the studio by 6:00.
Sundays: Take the 10:30 class, school from 11:30 to 3:30, clean up, Observe the 3:30 class, clean up and
be out of the studio by 5:00 on Sundays.
Your hours for 200 consist of the weekends of training, the Seva retreat, your homework and you are expected to attend a minimum of four hours a month of classes as a participant, observing or assisting a 200 hour teacher. In the NLR training those four hours are included in the training days, there are 4 hours of classes in each weekend. If you miss any part of the days of training you will need to make those hours up.
You also have a total of 5 hours of community service or free teaching we ask you to do as your giving back (Seva or Karma Yoga).
* We work around all major Holidays (New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas ) but it is nearly impossible to avoid all Holidays. So some dates may fall on Valentines or Mother's Day. We aplogize for any inconvenience, our staff generally works over half of all weekends during the year, thus making it challenging to schedule.
*SEVA yoga retreat is included with tuition and is a required weekend of training. You may choose to stay the night or only come for the day. Either way all your expenses are included.
Class Dates for North Little Rock, Arkansas.
Blue Yoga * Please note we may have to make a few adjustments to our schedule, so check back.
*Name reflects teacher in charge that weekend.
8 Month Program
- Sept .10-11 - Courtney
- Oct. 15-16 Seva Yoga Retreat Saturday from 1 p.m. to Sunday 3 p.m. (required and part of the school)
- Nov. 12-13 - Courtney
- Dec. 3-4 - Stacey
- Jan 14-15 - Stacey
- Feb 11-12 - Stacey
- March 11-12- Courtney/ Stacey
- April 8-9 - Stacey
- April 29-30 -Stacey/ Courtney
Classes, Absences, and Makeup Days:
*Plan on being at all classes, clear your schedule so you can be on time and stay the entire day. The training is done in a format that builds on each weekend. We understand that occasionally there are things that cannot be predicted (such as illness) so we will have opportunities for makeup hours but there will likely be a fee for those, generally about $15 an hour as we have to pay our teachers to do these. If you miss more than two days you will be put in the following years training to make it up. You have up to three years to make it up, we will make an exception for terminal or critical illness in the immediate family or catastrophic events. There is limited space in each class so please consider this carefully before registering.
- Director / Owner of Balance Yoga and Wellness R.Y.S. Lead Teacher: Courtney Butler C-I.A.Y.T., E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T., I.A.Y.T., YACEP, Yoga Alliance Advisory Member to the Standards Committee.
- Owner/ Director of Turquoise Tree Yoga- Our leader whom we are affiliated under - Robin Johnson: E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T
- Assistant Director. Teacher,Owner of Blue Yoga NYLA -Stacey Faught Reynolds C-I.A.Y.T., 500 E. R.Y.T., R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T.
- Teacher -Elana Johnson: E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T.
- Teacher/ Mentor --Rena Wren, E-R.Y.T. 200, RYT 500, YACEP, Yin Yoga Certified Teacher, Balance Barre Director and co-owner,
- Assistant Teacher and Sanskrit Mentor- Mary Stiles E.R.Y.T. 200
- Guest Teachers: Leslie Cuffe 200 E.R.Y.T.
- Guest Teachers: Chris Benson 200 E.R.Y.T.
Figuring Your Cost:
Our costs are competitive in the marketplace, there are no hidden cost. What you see below is exactly what you will pay.
* Please note we have a highly experienced and credentialed group of teachers on our staff. All of our staff maintains credentials with Yoga Alliance. Our four main teachers have every registration available with Yoga Alliance and are all in the second decade of teaching in years. Stacey and Courtney alone have over over 20,000 hours in classroom time and personal training hours. We continue to train and acquire more credentials ourselves so we can give you the very best education available.
TOTAL COST FOR EARLY PAYMENT IN FULL $2800
TOTAL COST WITH PAYMENT PLAN $2900
$100 Nonrefundable Deposit is required to hold your space once your registration is approved. Please feel free to call before you register if you would like to talk to Courtney or email her at email@example.com to set up a phone conference time.
*(pay deposit at registration)
$2700 Early Bird Tuition when paid prior to the first weekend, (after deposit) *Saves $100
$2800 Tuition with Credit Card, setup on recurring payments, (after deposit)
- Deposit is made upon registration of $100
- First weekend of training in Sept. a total payment is due of $500.
- Seven recurring payments of $328.58 from October 1st to April 1st . We must have this on file the first weekend.
- All payments will be processed on the first of each month.
There is no extra charge to attend the retreat it is considered part of training.
Books and supplies are separate: generally they are under $100 and you will order those on your own.
We will mail you an information packet with the books will be emailed to you by the end of June. You may request a book list earlier if you like.
Financial Policy: Read Carefully
Books and Supplies: Everything is supplied at the studio. You will likely want your own yoga mat, you might prefer to own your own 10-12' strap with buckle and large yoga blocks.
Books: Your list of supplies and books will be emailed to you directly. You are welcome to borrow books, check them out at the library, buy used, as long as you have the material to read and do your homework.
Before you register for any yoga school read carefully:
Research your teachers experience and style. Some schools are very focused on postures and some are more holistic in nature. We are very holistic in nature.
Our training:Taught in the classical style of Sri T.Krishnamacharya, especially in his later years as he applied yoga to the individuals needs. Hatha yoga utilizes breath, postures, and meditation. We provide a comfortable, compassionate environment to learn. All of our lead teachers have a minimum of 14 years experience in the classroom and hold all available credentials with Yoga Alliance. Our assistant staff is all mentored one year before teaching on their own and each have a "minimum" of 1200 hours of experience teaching and training. We strictly adhere to and "far exceed" Yoga Alliance Guidelines so you are assured you have a quality education taught by quality teachers.
What experience do I need:
It is recommended that students have a background and basic knowledge of yoga before embarking on a path to teach, however in some cases we make exceptions due to circumstances (like little to no access to yoga classes). *One of Courtney's personal goals is to bring yoga to rural areas of Arkansas and the South. Each person is unique, so we ask that you call if you have questions regarding this.
Curriculum: What you will learn
- Yoga History and Philosophy from the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita as well as Modern Masters
- An introduction to physical anatomy - the physical body and systems of the body, subtle and energetic anatomy
- An introduction to the Chakras (energetic anatomy) and basic Ayurvedic principals
- The fundamentals of teaching a Hatha Yoga Class (Hatha Yoga includes pranayama, asana, and meditation).
- The most common forms of Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- The most common poses and how to sequence them together, as well as exposure to a variety of other postures.
- Cuing, Sequencing, Basic Modifications, Commonly used props, Safety Concerns, Special Populations.
- How to teach a balanced class and have a balanced practice
- Basic business principals - what to charge, average pay scale, types of teaching (studios, gyms, private, and more).
- Ethics based on the eight limbs of yoga and from the experience of your teachers
- How to observe a class and intuit what a class needs
- Hands on assist
- Fill out registration, send deposit, phone interview, mark days in calendar to ensure not missing.
- Purchase your books (get list from Courtney) buy a notebook to record your hours and take notes, pens and pencils * We will have a manual this year.
- Have an open mind, open heart, and clear your schedule to ensure not missing any training dates so you can graduate on time, missing class makes it very difficult to catch up.
Please pay the deposit when you register.
Deposit is located below and on the registration page.