2016/2017 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
In Hot Springs, Arkansas
Experience, Kindness, Compassion, Authenticity
200 Hr. Registered Yoga Teacher Training since 2008
Balance Yoga and Wellness R.Y.S. 200
Mailing Address only:
120 Wildwood Circle
Hot Springs, AR 71901
Training is held at: Emergent Arts, 341a Whittington Ave. Hot Springs, AR.
How do I know if this school is right for me? Click link to find out. Please read before you register for school.
Classes are one weekend a month on Saturdays and Sundays from Sept to April.
What our schedule looks like:
* We work around all major Holidays (New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas ) but it is nearly impossible to avoid all Holidays. So some dates may fall on Valentines or Mother's Day. We aplogize for any inconvenience, our staff generally works over half of all weekends during the year, thus making it challenging to schedule.
*SEVA yoga retreat is included with tuition and is a required weekend of training. You may choose to stay the night or only come for the day. Either way all your expenses are included.
Class Dates for Hot Springs, Arkansas.
* Please note we may have to make a few adjustments to our schedule, so check back.
8 Month Program
10:00 to 5:00 each day. Please be ready to start at 10:00 and arrive early to get settled. We all stay and clean up after class so plan an extra 15 minutes to get out the door in the evenings.
*Name reflects teacher in charge on that weekend.
- Sept .17/18 - Courtney
- Oct. 15-16 Seva Yoga Retreat Saturday from 1 p.m. to Sunday 3 p.m. (required and part of the school)
- Oct 29/30 - Rena
- Dec. 10/11 - Rena
- Jan 21/22 - Courtney / Rena
- Feb 18/19 - Courtney / Rena
- March 18/19 - Courtney / Rena
- April 22/23 - Rena / Courtney
You also have a total of 5 hours of community service or free teaching we ask you to do as your giving back (Seva or Karma Yoga).
Classes, Absences, and Makeup Days:
*Plan on being at all classes, clear your schedule so you can be on time and stay the entire day. The training is done in a format that builds on each weekend. We understand that occasionally there are things that cannot be predicted (such as illness) so you may attend a makeup day in North Little Rock (it is best to try to attend the makeup day that coincides with the same month as the material will be close to the same). If you miss anatomy in Hot Springs then it is suggested you take it in North Little Rock. If you have to miss a class night or you have issues with Monday nights you may find a class with one of our teachers listed below and assist, observe or take a class but you may be subject to paying for the class out of pocket.
- Director / Owner of Balance Yoga and Wellness R.Y.S. Lead Teacher: Courtney Butler E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T., I.A.Y.T., YACEP, Yoga Alliance Advisory Member to the Standards Committee.
- Owner/ Director of Turquoise Tree Yoga- Our leader whom we are affiliated under - Robin Johnson: E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T
- Assistant Director. Teacher,Owner of Blue Yoga NYLA -Stacey Faught 500 E. R.Y.T., R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T.
- Teacher -Elana Johnson: E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T.
- Teacher/ Mentor -Rena Wren, E-R.Y.T. 200, RYT 500; YACEP, Yin Yoga Certified Teacher, Balance Barre Director and co-owner,
- Assistant Teacher and Sanskrit Mentor- Mary Stiles E.R.Y.T. 200
- Guest Teachers: Leslie Cuffe 200 E.R.Y.T.
- Guest Teachers: Chris Benson 200 E.R.Y.T.
Figuring Your Cost:
Our cost are competitive in the market place, there are no hidden cost. What you see below is exactly what you will pay.
* Please note we have a highly experienced and credentialed group of teachers on our staff. All of our staff maintains credentials with Yoga Alliance. Our four main teachers have every registration available with Yoga Alliance and are all in the second decade of teaching in years. Stacey and Courtney alone have over over 20,000 hours in classroom time and personal training hours. We continue to train and acquire more credentials ourselves so we can give you the very best education available.
$100 Nonrefundable Deposit is required to hold your space once your registration is approved. Please feel free to call before you register if you would like to talk to Courtney or email her at email@example.com to set up a phone conference time.
*(pay deposit at registration)
$2700 Early Bird Tuition when paid prior to the first weekend, (after deposit) *Saves $100
$2800 Tuition with Credit Card, set up on recurring payments, (after deposit)
- Deposit is made upon registration of $100
- First weekend of training in Sept. a total payment is due of $500.
- Seven recurring payments of $328.58 from October 1st to April 1st . We must have this on file the first weekend.
- All payments will be processed on the first of each month.
There is no extra charge to attend the retreat it is considered part of training.
Books and supplies are separate: generally they are under $100 and you will order those on your own.
We will mail you an information packet with the books and all the homework when you register.
Financial Policy: Read Carefully
Books and Supplies: Everything is supplied at the studio. You will likely want your own yoga mat, you might prefer to own your own 10-12' strap with buckle and large yoga blocks.
Books: Your list of supplies and books will be emailed to you directly. You are welcome to borrow books, check them out at the library, buy used, as long as you have the material to read and do your homework.
Before you register for any yoga school read carefully:
Research your teachers experience and style. Some schools are very focused on postures and some are more holistic in nature. We are very holistic in nature.
Our training:Taught in the classical style of Sri T.Krishnamacharya, especially in his later years as he applied yoga to the individuals needs. Hatha yoga utilizes breath, postures, and meditation. We provide a comfortable, compassionate environment to learn. All of our lead teachers have a minimum of 14 years experience in the classroom and hold all available credentials with Yoga Alliance. Our assistant staff is all mentored one year before teaching on their own and each have a "minimum" of 1200 hours of experience teaching and training. We strictly adhere to and "far exceed" Yoga Alliance Guidelines so you are assured you have a quality education taught by quality teachers.
What experience do I need:
It is recommended that students have a background and basic knowledge of yoga before embarking on a path to teach, however in some cases we make exceptions due to circumstances (like little to no access to yoga classes). *One of Courtney's personal goals is to bring yoga to rural areas of Arkansas and the South. Each person is unique, so we ask that you call if you have questions regarding this.
Curriculum: What you will learn
- Yoga History and Philosophy from the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita as well as Modern Masters
- An introduction to physical anatomy - the physical body and systems of the body, subtle and energetic anatomy
- An introduction to the Chakras (energetic anatomy) and basic Ayurvedic principals
- The fundamentals of teaching a Hatha Yoga Class (Hatha Yoga includes pranayama, asana, and meditation).
- The most common forms of Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- The most common poses and how to sequence them together, as well as exposure to a variety of other postures.
- Cuing, Sequencing, Basic Modifications, Commonly used props, Safety Concerns, Special Populations.
- How to teach a balanced class and have a balanced practice
- Basic business principals - what to charge, average pay scale, types of teaching (studios, gyms, private, and more).
- Ethics based on the eight limbs of yoga and from the experience of your teachers
- How to observe a class and intuit what a class needs
- Hands on assist
- Fill out registration, send deposit, phone interview, mark days in calendar to ensure not missing.
- Purchase your books (get list from Courtney) buy a notebook to record your hours and take notes, pens and pencils * We will have a manual this year.
- Have an open mind, open heart, and clear your schedule to ensure not missing any training dates so you can graduate on time, missing class makes it very difficult to catch up.
Please pay the deposit when you register.
Deposit is located below and on the registration page.