Yoga as a therapeutic benefit for many conditions:
Yoga breathing, postures, positive thinking and meditation for specific issues, such as bulging disc, insomnia, flexibility, cognitive and neurological issues and more.
We do not diagnose any illness. We generally work on recommendation from a doctor or clinician. I am not a doctor or a medical professional. I am highly trained in the teachings of yoga and have taken many courses and trainings on the therapeutic elements of yoga. I've worked one on one and in small group classes in the therapeutic aspects of yoga for the past sixteen years seeing many thousands of people.
$275 includes and intake session which is about an hour and a half and three more sessions that last between an hour to an hour and a half.
After the first four the sessions run $60 each.
Please pay by cash or check on your first visit or pay online above. If you need to pay by credit card please let me know and I will invoice you.
* email email@example.com to book your session today.
What is Holistic Yoga Therapy, derived from the Yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health, refers to the adaptation and application of Yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing challenges at any level manage their condition. This is holistic in nature, we will address the person holistically. This is solution focused and prescriptive in nature. You will leave with a detailed plan (homework) for your yoga therapy with support and guidance from Courtney.
E.R.Y.T. 500, R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T., E.R.Y.T. -P.O.LY., Y12SR
Stress Management Specialist for Ornish Reversal Program
Owner of R.Y.S.200 and 300 Therapeutically Oriented Teacher Training
Lead teacher of R.Y.S.300
Certified U.C.I. Solution Focused Coach
Member I.A.Y.T. (International Association of Yoga Therapist)
Member of the Yoga Alliance Advisory Committee on Standards
A.A.in Liberal Studies
A.S. in Early Childhood Education
A.S. in Facility Management
*Nearly three decades practicing meditation & yoga. She has every credential available through Yoga Alliance and has been training teachers since 2008, she has trained over 130 teachers in the past seven years. She herself has trained others who conduct yoga therapy. She has a background in management, has owned several business, is a mother of four, and is very strong in personal finance. Her view of yoga therapy is the person has to be seen as a whole. Our emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health are all interconnected. When you are out of balance in one area other areas suffer. Her goal for her clients is to teach them to be able to utilize this practice for life so that any time they become unbalanced they can learn how to bring their body, mind and spirit back to center. She has developed a system that works for a variety of challenges people face. She loves to serve and her biggest motivator is to help others in the way she feels she has been helped by her mentors.
How she does this:
Courtney uses her many years of knowledge, education, and experience to assist the student with yogic practices including breathing exercise (pranayama), postures (asanas), mindfulness meditation, positive thinking, chakra balancing through postures and specific yogic practices, as well as nutrition, goal setting practices and learning about a yogic lifestyle to increase physical and emotional health.
Each session is modified to fit the client's individual needs. This is not a long physical practice. She will take information in and will show you a practice that will help you achieve your goals. You will go over the practice when you meet and go home with a plan and support.
What to expect:
First appointment is an intake appointment, you will be asked a series of questions to gather information about you. We will look at your goals and overcoming obstacles in your life.
The second hour is setting up your yoga practice based on the five principals of yoga. 1. Proper Relaxation 2. Proper Exercise 3. Proper Breathing 4. Proper Diet 5. Positive Thinking and Meditation. You will also be given some other suggestions based on Ayurvedic principals. Everyone's session is tailored personally to them.
You will leave with a base understanding of what to do and homework.
Second Appointment - In house appointment or phone call. In house appointments are shorter versions of the first appointment lasting an hour to an hour and a half. We will review your homework and see what is working and adapt your program to fit your needs if they change.
* Packages include the discount on the first visit if you choose to go that route.
Phone call - These phone calls are to help you explore what is working in your life and what you want to change. This process and format will help you excavate what actions you need to take in your life to overcome obstacles and reach your goals.
* The principals of yoga are used along with personal coaching to help clients ultimatley
live a more balanced life.
Is Holistic Yoga Therapy right for you?
- Dealing with mild depression and anxiety or PTSD.
- Struggling with Obstacles
- Struggle with negative and fearful thinking.
- Your doctor or health professional has recommended yoga. (Trauma, Cognitive Issues, Bulging Disc, Diabetes, Nutritional health, weight management, and more).
- You have challenges with your breathing such as asthma, COPD, or anxiety induced breathing issues.
- Autoimmune diseases and inflammation.
- Addiction (ideally you are in a 12 step program as well as yoga as a complimentary therapy).
- Stress related illness.
- Athletes who wish to improve performance.
- Recovering after surgery or illness and the doctor has recommended yoga.
- Increase flexibility and stamina. Functional exercise.
Business and Personal Finance Coaching
- Personal Finance based on the ethical tenants of yoga.
- Yoga teacher who needs guidance with teaching or running a yoga related business. See our consulting page.
* We are not a substitute for a doctor or a psychologist.
How it works:
- Email or call me for an appointment - firstname.lastname@example.org or 501 538 3036
- I meet you in my office.
- Prepay via paypal or send me a check to Courtney Butler, 120 Wildwood Circle, Hot Springs AR. 71901
- The first appointment takes about an hour and a half to two hours for me to do intake and we will have a practice, discuss your goals, make a plan and make a plan for a follow up appointment, phone call and email.
- I will design a personal practice consisting of a variety of yogic practices specific to your needs as well as goal setting and a plan to meet your goals.
- We will meet depending on your preferences of how often and what you need. This may be in person, via email, or phone call consulations.
If you have questions feel free to email me at email@example.com
500 E.R.Y.T., R.C.Y.T., R.P.Y.T., I.A.Y.T.
Balance Yoga and Wellness Registered Yoga School
Solution Focused Coach
Co-owner Balance Barre
*Member of the Yoga Alliance Advisory Group to the Standards Committee
“The yoga therapy components of my practice are based on my years of teaching, private practice, and courses taken with teachers who specialize in therapeutic elements of yoga and not derived from our status as a RYS with Yoga Alliance Registry."